Engage and Excel is a partnership programme between PNE Group and Women Empowering Women Network (WEWN) funded by European Social Fund.
Its primary aim is to address the eradication of poverty through entrepenueurship promotion , elimination of barriers to self-employment and professional progression.The programme will address the below commom issues faced by participants :
· Inadequate knowledge of UK business culture
· Discrimination and lack of confidence
· Financial hardship and difficulty accessing credit
· Skills gaps and low knowledge of labour market trends
Supporting the economic integration of BME individuals is essential to achieving a more prosperous society/region and reducing inequality. For example, in 2018, 9% of the Northeast region’s non-white population were unemployed, compared to a 5% regional average (UK Gov, 2018) and 73% of migrants reported being paid below the living wage (Northumbria University, 2017).
Self-employment is a well-tested pathway for migrants who experience barriers to employment. 23% of migrants in the North East are self-employed, compared to an 11% regional average (Northumbria University, 2017), yet 54% report not knowing where to access services supporting them to pursue enterprise (Northumbria University, 2017).
Participants will receive;
· An equivalent of two days enterprise and skills building workshops
· A dedicated mentor to support their progress throughout the programme and help them identify and support progression opportunities
· Access to a one-to-one business adviser
· Travel costs, enabling inclusive participation
· A £50 budget to access additional learning
Want to know more about enrolling into the programme do not hesitate to contact us via
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org